The Sunshine Resolution (or, what-I-hope-to-do-in-the-summer):
1. Stay away from the damn computer.
a. Get out more: hiking, biking, parks'ing, et
2. Record my songs.
a. Play a show.
b. Futz around a lot with friends and instruments.
3. Get in better shape (see 1a).
4. Watch a few movies. But not too many.
5. Get a job. Spend little.
6. Read a book a week (exceptions: Doctor Faustus, and other extremely
long, ambitious works.)
a. Rotate genres: political, fictional, historical,
scientific, of various languages (translated)/countries. Be sure to touch the
b. Current reading list: To The Lighthouse,
Woolf; Catch-22, Heller; Orality and Literacy, Ong; Pilgrim
at Tinker Creek, Dillard; Doctor Faustus, Mann; a Vonnegut, a Pynchon,
a James [to be appended and altered regularly]
7. Drink a lot of water. Drink no soda (don't like it much anyway...perhaps
an occasional Italian soda is OK). Coffee's fine.
a. Eat more fruit. Be healthier. Again, 1a...
8. Learn to drive.
9. Learn how to cook decently.
10. Write copiously and recklessly.
a. Write more letters, send more packages.
11. Music. Lots of it. The strange and foreign. But that's nothing new.
a. Listen to my records more.
12. Play photographer.